Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blah

That is the one word that seems to sum up each and every day. If I had to pick a different word, it would be routine. Every day is the same. One day rolls into another. One week into the next. It is nice because the days seem to fly by but it is also dreadful because it is exhausting. What I wouldn't give just to sleep in for 1 day!

We are preparing for a change of command tomorrow. Our XO is stepping up to CO and our CO is moving on to another command. I've heard word that I might be doing the invocation but nobody has said anything official to me yet. In fact, I only heard it by another guy coming up and asking me about it because he heard the planners talking about it. All I can say is the day before is not the time to let someone know this kind of thing. Now I need to hunt people down, make sure my uniform is pristine, and draft something up just in case.

In other news, I missed the potty training of my son, my daughter is growing up before my eyes, my dog was given away, my work load has tripled, and I'm still out here in the gulf waiting to get back home. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment