Sunday, September 13, 2009

Casual Sunday

It is our first Sunday underway. Everybody that matters is still sleeping and I am finally able to relax. After a day like yesterday, it will feel great to do nothing. Yesterday, we had drills, drills, and more drills. When we weren't doing drills, I was busy fixing the problems with the LAN. I will admit that last night was relaxing. I busted out the laptop and just spent the evening watching a movie before drifting off to sleep.

Being Sunday, it is holiday routine. This means we are allowed to watch movies, read books, etc. I think I will finish my sermon today. It is pretty much done. I just need to do a couple touch ups. I am looking forward to holding church service tonight. Being the first one of deployment, I am curious to see how many people will actually show up. Even if the numbers are low, at least the message is strong. At least, I think it is. I'd rather have quality over quantity anyway.

Speaking of which, this deployment is going to be vastly different from last deployment regarding church service. Last deployment, I focused on foundational topics such as sin, grace, freedom in Christ, Spiritual growth, etc. I wanted to build up the congregation with the basics before throwing meat at them. This deployment, I plan on focusing on deeper theological topics. Tonight, I will be preaching on the chronological order of grace, regeneration, and faith (despite the common misbelief of it being grace, faith, & then regeneration). After this, I plan on going full force into the 5 points of Calvinism. I want to completely break down TULIP by each point. I am thinking of doing one point per Sunday while having each Sunday build off of the previous points. Last deployment, I scooped up the sand and put it in a bucket. This deployment, I plan on sifting through the sand and being left with jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment