Friday, September 11, 2009

Rollin'

The seas have been interesting today. They started off smooth and have steadily progressed into rolling chairs and falling computer towers. Guess we should have strapped those down. Whoops! As hard as I tried to defeat day 4 this morning (see last post), I lost in the end. Midnight came and went. Finally around 12:30 am, I gave up on troubleshooting and went back to bed. Who knew morning could come so soon? I enjoyed some fine Navy dinner (yeah right!) just to realize it was my lunch and that I still had a full day ahead of me. Time really does sit on the sidelines while on deployment. I keep telling people I can't believe we're only on day 4 yet already on day 4. To put things in perspective, I realized yesterday while I was outside that it had been 3 days since I had seen sunlight. That just isn't healthy but when you are deployed, everything blends together and the days sneak by.

On another note, I just love it when people have no idea what they are doing yet pretend they do only to cause problems for everybody else involved. Tiff went to get her base decals renewed today. The man told her she needed her front plate and if she could not get one before the decals expired, she would have to get a smog test done again. WE ARE REGISTERED IN FLORIDA!!! They don't even issue front plates. To make it worse, they have a list right there on their window at the counter with a list of states that are exempt from the front plate rule. Not only did he screw up there but he apparently did not know that the base stopped requiring smog tests for decals back in December of '08. As a result of one man's feigned knowledge, Tiff wasted her time and was turned away. I called them and got it all worked out. The supervisor apologized. I guess Tiff will have to go back tomorrow.

Oh well, worse things have happened to people. I am hoping to have an uneventful rest of day 4. Maybe I'll watch a movie. Maybe I'll read my book. Maybe I'll relax and go to bed early. So many options, nothing but time...

No comments:

Post a Comment