Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Deployment: Day 2

Never done the whole blogging thing before but I figured now is as good a time as any to get started. I've got 6 months with nowhere to go. Deployment officially started yesterday. We all knew it was coming but nobody expected it to come so fast. The wife & kids came to the ship to say their goodbye's. Tiff cried while Aidan & Aviryne seemed to act as if they would see me for dinner.

Now we are on day 2 and the routine is already setting in. Long days and lots of training seem to make the world go 'round. While I'm not looking forward to the training cycle, I do have one bright spot. I am looking forward to leading church services throughout the next 6 months. I already have my lessons planned out for the next few months. Now I just need to find the time to prepare them.

Time. Six months with nowhere to go but it still seems to escape me.

No comments:

Post a Comment